Saturday 4 January 2014

APPIAH READY TO JOIN BLACK STARS BACK ROOM STAFF






In December 2013, Coach Kwasi Appiah told London based Vox Africa TV that he was looking forward to appointing Stephen Appiah as one of the members of his 2014 World Cup backroom staff, though the former Asante Kotoko Head Coach is yet to make a formal approach to the ex-Juventus and Fenerbache star to join his Brazil 2014 technical bench.

“I don’t think that it’s a bad thing so first of all, let me take this opportunity to thank Kwasi Appiah for recommending me. Yeah, it’s a good thing (joining Ghana’s World Cup backroom staff) so if the chance comes I will take it,” Stephen Appiah told CampioneSports.net.

“It will be a great honor for me because I was there (at the World Cup) as a football but now if I am part of the technical team, I will not be a footballer so its two different things (experiences),” he added.

So far, Kwasi Appiah has publicly revealed that Stephen Appiah and Otto Addo are the only potential names that could make it onto his World Cup backroom staff.

Stephen Appiah, who is now unsure of returning to club football, captained the Black Stars to the Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010 World Cup competitions.




BY: Frank Darkwah




No comments:

Post a Comment